This edition: Science & Kids: July 2017Tweet
Original tape date: June 2, 2017.
First aired: July 4, 2017.
This month Science & U! is all for the kids:
Summertime is when kids get their best opportunities to run and play. The physics involved with sports are so compelling that author Sean Connolly decided to write a book about it. Perhaps getting to know the science behind a tennis ball will make you a better player.
Jessica Garrett does some icky experiments that can easily be done using household products and teaches your kids valuable scientific lessons.
You’re never too young to start learning science. Kim Magloire is a science educator who founded SciTech Kids, a program teaching science to kids as young as 3-years old.
See what happens when high school teams from all over the five boroughs and the world compete in a robotics competition. Mike Gilliam heads to the NYCFirst competition in the Fort Washington Armory to see what these robots can do.
Ari Goldberg discovers some new and exciting technology being used to allow older video games to still be played as he unleashes his inner child at Video Games New York.
For More Information:
SciTech Kids - www.sci-techkids.com
NYCFirst - www.nycfirst.org
Retro-Gaming - www.videogamesnewyork.com
Sean Connolly Author
Jessica Garrett Author, “Oh Ick!: 114 Science Experiments Guaranteed to Gross You Out”
Kim Magloire Founder and Scientist, SciTech Kids
Dan Mastin Video Game Expert, Video Games New York
Mary-Ann Oluwanifise FRC & FTC Program Manager, NYCFirst
Jonah Sachs-Wetstone Student, NYCFirst
Precious Siddiquee Former Student, NYCFirst
Mike Sorrenti Former Student, NYCFirst
- Science & Animals
- Wednesday, September 19 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 23 - 5:30pm
- August 2017
- Wednesday, September 26 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 30 - 5:30pm
- Science and Genetics
- Wednesday, October 3 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 11:30am
- Sunday, October 7 - 5:30pm
- Science and Technology
- Wednesday, October 10 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 13 - 11:30am
- Sunday, October 14 - 5:30pm
- November 2017: Climate Change
- Wednesday, October 17 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 18 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, September 12 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 13 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 15 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 16 - 5:30pm
- Science and Astronomy
- Wednesday, September 5 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 6 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 9 - 5:30pm