This edition: November 2017: Climate ChangeTweet
Original tape date: October 12, 2017.
First aired: November 1, 2017.
This special half-hour of Science & U! is dedicated to bringing awareness to the issues of climate change, with some special guests that help enlighten us on certain aspects of climate change that are frequently overlooked:
Dr. Gavin Schmidt, Director the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies, specializes in climate modeling and explains to Carol Anne Riddell and Dr. Max Gomez, how scientists look at the many attributes to climate change.
Andrew Falzon dissects the recent events of more intense storms like the hurricanes that swept through Texas, Florida, and Puerto Rico to find out if this is the new normal.
Conservationist and Aquanaut Fabien Cousteau brings attention to sea life and how these creatures are also being impacted by climate change and rising ocean temperatures.
Ernabel Demillo addresses the very real public health concerns that are already impacting our communities, low-income areas in particular.
Dr. Nicholas Coch Professor of Earth & Environmental Science, Queens College, CUNY
Fabien Cousteau Aquanaut & Conservationist
Dr. Mark Mitchell National Medical Association
Dana Parish Singer/Songwriter
Dr. Gavin Schmidt Director, NASA Goddard Institute of Space Studies
Adam Sobel Professor, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University
- Science & Animals
- Thursday, September 20 - 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 23 - 5:30pm
- August 2017
- Wednesday, September 26 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 30 - 5:30pm
- Science and Genetics
- Wednesday, October 3 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 11:30am
- Sunday, October 7 - 5:30pm
- Science and Technology
- Wednesday, October 10 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 13 - 11:30am
- Sunday, October 14 - 5:30pm
- November 2017: Climate Change
- Wednesday, October 17 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 18 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Science & Animals
- Wednesday, September 19 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 10:30am
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, September 12 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 13 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 15 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 16 - 5:30pm
- Science and Astronomy
- Wednesday, September 5 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 6 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 9 - 5:30pm