This edition: Season 7/Episode 6Tweet
Original tape date: February 7, 2018.
First aired: February 7, 2018.
This month on Science & U!:
A new planetarium has opened at the Liberty Science Center in Jersey City and it is the largest in the western hemisphere! The equipment allows real-time updates from space. CEO and science geek Paul Hoffman gives Donna Hanover a tour.
Everyone is impacted by cancer in some way or another and we all wish the treatments weren’t so demanding on the body. Dr. Max Gomez visits Mount Sinai Downtown to learn about a lesser-known and less invasive treatment that's finding some success, it's called cryoablation.
Can breathing slowly actually relieve stress? Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson speaks to a leading medical expert who says yes.
Are we in danger of overly evolved artificial intelligence? Ari Goldberg finds out what exactly A.I. is and whether or not humanity really is at risk.
A British publishing company is taking the science reference book and blowing it up to room size. Author Christopher Lloyd and the American Museum of Natural history are turning science reference books into page-turning toys.
When strong storms hit the greater New York City area it’s common to see uprooted trees and downed power lines. Ever wonder what happens to all that wood? Tinabeth Piña visits NYCitySlab to see how damaged or already fallen trees are being recycled.
For More Information:
Liberty Science Center - https://lsc.org/explore/planetarium-films-laser-shows
The Science Timeline - https://www.whatonearthbooks.com/us
Richard Brown, MD Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Columbia University
Susan L. Epstein Professor of Computer Science, Hunter College and the Graduate Center, CUNY
Paul Hoffman CEO, Liberty Science Center
Christopher Lloyd Founder & CEO, What On Earth? Books
Dr. Michael Palese Mount Sinai Beth Israel
Mike Shanahan Planetarium Director, Liberty Science Center
Dr. Richard Brown - Breath #1Dr. Richard Brown teaches the 1st type of breathing "5 BPM with Concscious Movement."
Dr. Richard Brown - Breath #4Dr. Richard Brown teaches "Coherent Breathing," the last breathing technique.
- Season 6/Episode 5: May 2017
- Sunday, December 16 - 5:30pm
- Science and Women
- Wednesday, December 19 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, December 20 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 11:30am
- Sunday, December 23 - 5:30pm
- Science and Men's Health
- Wednesday, December 26 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 11:30am
- Sunday, December 30 - 5:30pm
- Season 6/Episode 5: May 2017
- Wednesday, December 12 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, December 13 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, December 15 - 11:30am
- Science & U!: The Best of Spring
- Wednesday, December 5 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, December 6 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, December 8 - 11:30am
- Sunday, December 9 - 5:30pm
- October 2017
- Wednesday, November 28 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, November 29 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 11:30am
- Sunday, December 2 - 5:30pm
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Wednesday, November 21 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, November 22 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, November 24 - 11:30am
- Sunday, November 25 - 5:30pm
- September 2017
- Saturday, November 17 - 11:30am
- Sunday, November 18 - 5:30pm