This edition: March 2018Tweet
Original tape date: February 16, 2018.
First aired: March 7, 2018.
This month on Science & U!:
Carol Anne Riddell and Dr. Max Gomez discuss the extreme flu season we’ve been facing and discuss best ways to avoid catching the flu.
Donna Hanover shows us how the Lehman College School of Continuing and Professional Studies is partnering with global VR company, EON Reality, to make sure some dedicated students are ready for jobs that are still being invented.
Workman Press has just released a new notebook for adolescent girls called, “Bunk 9’s Guide to Growing Up.” Lisa Beth Kovetz sits down with the author Adah Nuchi and Dr. Karen Soren – Head of Teenage Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center to discuss puberty.
For years websites have been claiming they have developed simple computer games that will boost your cognitive function and even stave off Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Dr. Max Gomez speaks with Dr. Peter Davies who’s affiliated with the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America to find out how true these claims are based on scientific research.
Humans aren’t the only species battling through a rough flu season. Carol Anne Riddell invites veterinarian Dr. Amy Attas of City Pets to talk about how there is another flu strain that might get your dog sick.
For More Information:
Virtual Reality – Lehman College lehman.edu/vr
Bunk 9 - www.workman.com/products/bunk-9s-guide-to-growing-up
Brain Training - alzfdn.org
Dr. Amy Attas Veterinarian, City Pets
Ronald M. Bergmann Vice President for Information Technology and CIO, Lehman College/CUNY
Michael Brenner VR Training Academy Student, Lehman College/CUNY
Tina Cheng VR Training Academy Student, Lehman College/CUNY
Dr. Peter Davies Professor of Pathology and Neuroscience, Feinstein Institute for Medical Research
Jane MacKillop, Ph.D. Interim Dean, Lehman College/CUNY
Michael Merzenich Founder, Brain HQ
Vincent Navarro VR Training Academy Student, Lehman College/CUNY
Adah Nuchi Author, “Bunk 9’s Guide to Growing Up”
Dr. Karen Soren Head of Teenage Medicine, Columbia University
- Season 6/Episode 5: May 2017
- Wednesday, December 12 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, December 13 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, December 15 - 11:30am
- Sunday, December 16 - 5:30pm
- Science & U!: The Best of Spring
- Wednesday, December 5 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, December 6 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, December 8 - 11:30am
- Sunday, December 9 - 5:30pm
- October 2017
- Wednesday, November 28 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, November 29 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 11:30am
- Sunday, December 2 - 5:30pm
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Wednesday, November 21 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, November 22 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, November 24 - 11:30am
- Sunday, November 25 - 5:30pm
- September 2017
- Saturday, November 17 - 11:30am
- Sunday, November 18 - 5:30pm