This edition: May 2018Tweet
Original tape date: April 20, 2018.
First aired: May 2, 2018.
This month on Science & U!:
A new exhibit at the American Museum of Natural History explores some of the newest discoveries in the deepest recesses of the ocean, and the technology that made those discoveries possible.
Concussions in professional sports are more and more discussed, even leading to early retirement from some players, but what about children facing the same risks when getting into sports? One family shares their story.
Composting is nothing new but this method is. Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson is joined by Dr. Gail Barnes, a technology and sustainability expert, to learn about a new type of technology that will make more everyday items compostable.
As Shingles continues to be a devastating virus, Donna Hanover takes us to get the new Shingles vaccine.
Exercising is just for strength, stamina, and appearance. Ari Goldberg finds that exercising even helps you age well.
For More Information:
Unseen Oceans - www.amnh.org/calendar/unseen-oceans
Compostable Packaging - tipa-corp.com
Shingles - www.columbiadoctors.org/anne-gershon-md
Judith Chow Pharmacy Manager, CVS Pharmacy
Jill Hamburg Coplan Mom of Kenneth Coplan
Kenneth Coplan Young Athlete with Injury
Kristen Dams-O'Connor, Ph.D Director, Brain Injury Center, The Mount Sinai Hospital
Anne A. Gershon, M.D. Columbia University Medical Center
Dr. Rosanne Leipzig Professor of Geriatrics, Icahn School of Medicine
Dr. Michael Novachek Provost for Science, American Museum of Natural History
Dr. John Sparks Professor, American Museum of Natural History
- Science & Animals
- Thursday, September 20 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 23 - 5:30pm
- August 2017
- Wednesday, September 26 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 30 - 5:30pm
- Science and Genetics
- Wednesday, October 3 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 11:30am
- Sunday, October 7 - 5:30pm
- Science and Technology
- Wednesday, October 10 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 13 - 11:30am
- Sunday, October 14 - 5:30pm
- November 2017: Climate Change
- Wednesday, October 17 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 18 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Science & Animals
- Wednesday, September 19 - 9:00pm
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, September 12 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 13 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 15 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 16 - 5:30pm
- Science and Astronomy
- Wednesday, September 5 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 6 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 9 - 5:30pm