This edition: August 2018Tweet
Original tape date: August 1, 2018.
First aired: August 1, 2018.
This month on Science & U!:
Andrew Falzon visits the Smithsonian Cooper Hewitt Museum of Design to see an exhibit showing off new designs and technologies that are helping people overcome disability.
Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson sits down with former human rights lawyer, Miranda Massie, to talk about her new venture, a museum about climate change.
Tinabeth Piña meets an educator who is using 3D printers to make life-changing impacts for children in need.
Mike Gilliam discusses the use of recreational drugs as a modern form of medicine to treat a variety of conditions.
Ari Goldberg finds a group of CUNY scientists who have just made a major discovery in nanotechnology.
For More Information:
Access + Ability - www.cooperhewitt.org
Climate Museum - climatemuseum.org
The Hand Challenge - www.handchallenge.com
Nanoscience - nanoscience.asrc.cuny.edu
Last Month in Science
Victor Calise Alum, Commissioner, Queens College, Mayor's Office For People with Disabilities
Dr. Chris Craft Founder, The Hand Challenge
Joshua Lee, MD NYU Langone
Miranda Massie Founder and Director, The Climate Museum
Cara McCarty Curatorial Director, Cooper Hewitt
Dr. Elisa Riedo Professor of Physics, Advanced Science Research Center, Graduate Center/CUNY
- Science & Animals
- Sunday, September 23 - 5:30pm
- August 2017
- Wednesday, September 26 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 30 - 5:30pm
- Science and Genetics
- Wednesday, October 3 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 11:30am
- Sunday, October 7 - 5:30pm
- Science and Technology
- Wednesday, October 10 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 13 - 11:30am
- Sunday, October 14 - 5:30pm
- November 2017: Climate Change
- Wednesday, October 17 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 18 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 20 - 11:30am
- Sunday, October 21 - 5:30pm
- Science & Animals
- Wednesday, September 19 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 11:30am
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, September 12 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 13 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 15 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 16 - 5:30pm
- Science and Astronomy
- Wednesday, September 5 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 6 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 9 - 5:30pm