This edition: Season 3, Episode 4: Lynda Obst - Producing the Science Movie in Hollywood (Part 1 of 2)Tweet
Original tape date: October 20, 2016.
First aired: January 6, 2017.
In episode #304 of Science Goes to the Movies, legendary film producer Lynda Obst joins the show for part one of a conversation about her career in movies and working closely with iconic scientists Carl Sagan and Kip Thorne to develop and produce hit scientific films, Contact and Interstellar. Obst explains her determination to make films that are scientifically accurate and shares stories about Sagan’s first foray into film, then details Interstellar’s decade in development and the way in which the film brought about a new direction in wormhole research, the rare instance of art furthering science.
Lynda Obst Film Producer
- How Come Everyone in the Movies Can Sing?
- Thursday, November 16 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 18 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, November 19 - 7:30am
- Tuesday, November 21 - 7:00am, 1:00pm
- Math V. Language - Discussing the Themes of "Arrival"
- Thursday, November 2 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 4 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, November 5 - 7:30am
- Tuesday, November 7 - 7:00am, 1:00pm
- Real Life in Outer Space - with Astronaut Michael Massimino
- Tuesday, October 24 - 7:00am, 1:00pm