This edition: Season 3, Episode 4: Lynda Obst - Producing the Science Movie in Hollywood (Part 1 of 2)Tweet
Original tape date: October 20, 2016.
First aired: January 6, 2017.
In episode #304 of Science Goes to the Movies, legendary film producer Lynda Obst joins the show for part one of a conversation about her career in movies and working closely with iconic scientists Carl Sagan and Kip Thorne to develop and produce hit scientific films, Contact and Interstellar. Obst explains her determination to make films that are scientifically accurate and shares stories about Sagan’s first foray into film, then details Interstellar’s decade in development and the way in which the film brought about a new direction in wormhole research, the rare instance of art furthering science.
Lynda Obst Film Producer
- How to Use Bitcoins in your Screenplay
- Thursday, December 20 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 7:30am
- Tuesday, December 25 - 7:00am, 1:00pm
- Menopause & the Movies
- Thursday, January 3 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 7:30am
- Tuesday, January 8 - 7:00am, 1:00pm
- The Power of Sound- A look at "A Quiet Place"
- Thursday, December 6 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 8 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, December 9 - 7:30am
- Tuesday, December 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm
- Genetic Preparations for Space Travel with Dr. Chris Mason
- Thursday, November 15 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 17 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, November 18 - 7:30am
- Tuesday, November 20 - 7:00am, 1:00pm
- Thursday, November 29 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, December 2 - 7:30am
- Tuesday, December 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm