This edition: Season 3, Episode 5: Lynda Obst - Producing the Science Movie in Hollywood (Part 2 of 2)Tweet
Original tape date: October 20, 2016.
First aired: January 13, 2017.
In episode #305 of Science Goes to the Movies, legendary film producer Lynda Obst returns to the show for part two of a conversation about her career in movies. She explains how Christopher Nolan came to direct Interstellar after Steven Spielberg dropped out, and how making the film deepened her understanding of gravity’s role in the universe. She addresses the way in which Hollywood continues to be dominated by men as well as how it has changed in her lifetime, then shares the motivation behind her television series, Good Girls Revolt, and teases a new project in development about the amazing love story of Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan. Her favorite scientific movie of all time is also revealed – and it’s not one of her own!
Lynda Obst Film Producer
- "Alien," Parasites and How They Changed Humans
- Thursday, January 11 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, January 13 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, January 14 - 7:30am
- Tuesday, January 16 - 7:00am, 1:00pm
- "Mean Girls" and Is There Life After High School?
- Thursday, December 28 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 30 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, December 31 - 7:30am
- Tuesday, January 2 - 7:00am, 1:00pm