This edition: Season 3, Episode 12: Vikings - Anders WinrothTweet
Original tape date: September 23, 2016.
First aired: March 3, 2017.
In episode #312 of Science Goes to the Movies, Yale University Medieval History Professor Anders Winroth joins the show to talk about The History Channel’s Vikings and the accuracy of its portrayal of Viking life. The historical figures on whom characters like Ragnar Lodbrok are based are also discussed, as well as how historians disentangle myth from fact using, in this case, Viking literature and historical objects. Essential questions such as “Why do Vikings have such a bad reputation?” and “How do their descendants, current day Scandinavians, look back on them now?” fill out the rest of this fascinating episode.
Anders Winroth Professor of Medieval History, Yale University
- How to Use Bitcoins in your Screenplay
- Thursday, December 20 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 7:30am
- Tuesday, December 25 - 7:00am, 1:00pm
- Menopause & the Movies
- Thursday, January 3 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 7:30am
- Tuesday, January 8 - 7:00am, 1:00pm
- The Power of Sound- A look at "A Quiet Place"
- Thursday, December 6 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 8 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, December 9 - 7:30am
- Tuesday, December 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm
- Genetic Preparations for Space Travel with Dr. Chris Mason
- Thursday, November 15 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 17 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, November 18 - 7:30am
- Tuesday, November 20 - 7:00am, 1:00pm
- Thursday, November 29 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, December 2 - 7:30am
- Tuesday, December 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm