This edition: Math V. Language - Discussing the Themes of "Arrival"Tweet
Original tape date: March 10, 2017.
First aired: November 2, 2017.
What is the cornerstone of civilization – Math? Or Language? A linguist and an astrophysicist throw down with a look at the movie Arrival. With Emily Rice and William Haddican.
William Haddican Professor, The Graduate Center/CUNY
Dr. Emily L. Rice, Ph.D. Assistant Professor Engineering Science & Physics, College of Staten Island/CUNY, American Museum of Natural History
- Schrödinger's Love Life & "Full Metal Alchemist" with Sir David Clary
- Thursday, December 14 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 16 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, December 17 - 7:30am
- Tuesday, December 19 - 7:00am, 1:00pm
- "Mean Girls" and Is There Life After High School?
- Thursday, December 28 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 30 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, December 31 - 7:30am
- Tuesday, January 2 - 7:00am, 1:00pm
- "Alien," Parasites and How They Changed Humans with Mark Siddall of the American Museum of Natural History's Department of Creepy Crawly Things
- Thursday, January 11 - 8:00pm
- Physics and Biology in "A Wrinkle in Time"
- Thursday, November 30 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, December 3 - 7:30am
- Tuesday, December 5 - 7:00am, 1:05pm
- How Come Everyone in the Movies Can Sing?
- Thursday, November 16 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 18 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, November 19 - 7:30am
- Tuesday, November 21 - 7:00am, 1:00pm