This edition: Math V. Language - Discussing the Themes of "Arrival"
Original tape date: March 10, 2017.
First aired: November 2, 2017.
What is the cornerstone of civilization – Math? Or Language? A linguist and an astrophysicist throw down with a look at the movie Arrival. With Emily Rice and William Haddican.
William Haddican Professor, The Graduate Center/CUNY
Dr. Emily L. Rice, Ph.D. Assistant Professor Engineering Science & Physics, College of Staten Island/CUNY, American Museum of Natural History
- Real Life in Outer Space - with Astronaut Michael Massimino
- Thursday, October 19 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, October 21 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, October 22 - 7:30am
- Tuesday, October 24 - 7:00am, 1:00pm
- Math V. Language - Discussing the Themes of "Arrival"
- Thursday, November 2 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 4 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, November 5 - 7:30am
- Tuesday, November 7 - 7:00am, 1:00pm
- How Come Everyone in the Movies Can Sing?
- Thursday, November 16 - 8:00pm