This edition: Tim Okamura's JourneyTweet
Original tape date: November 3, 2017.
First aired: December 26, 2017.
In this episode of Shades Of U.S., producer Darrell Brown interviews painter Tim Okamura, whose art blends graffiti and realism depicting New York City’s diverse inhabitants. Born and raised in Canada, with his background being Newfoundland and Japanese, Okamura and his art focuses on a slice of life in the United States that allows him to express his racial identity.
Tim Okamura Painter, TimOkamuraArt
- Ann Morning, Chelsea Green and the Pierre-Pierre Family
- Thursday, February 21 - 9:00pm
- Friday, February 22 - 9:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, February 23 - 11:00am
- Sunday, February 24 - 5:00pm
- Tuesday, February 26 - 4:00pm
- Moiya McTier, Mekita Rivas and Tanya Hernandez
- Saturday, January 19 - 11:00am
- Sunday, January 20 - 12:30pm, 5:00pm
- Tuesday, January 22 - 4:00pm