This edition: 2008 CUNY Month Special
Original tape date: November 2, 2008.
This CUNY special gives an inside look at why, more than ever, people are investing in CUNY, investing their money, their time, in their education and their future. We introduce you to high academic achievers and award-winning faculty, and that’s not all, leaders of industry and major foundations that are so impressed, they are also investing in CUNY Get a look at CUNY’s cutting edge programs, and our newest pride and job the Macaulay Honors College and the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism.
* Mark Smiley, a Baruch College graduate who is one of CUNY’s many Superstars who discovered he has a mind for medicine.
* Wei Huang, a young Chinese immigrant,who went from the Brooklyn College Conservatory of Music to centerstage on Broadway in Baz Luhrmann’s La Bohème
* Jenifer Ramirez, a Bronx Community College student who’s part of a growing trend Latinos getting a higher education.
* Robert B. Catell, the City College Alum who is the Chief Executive Officer of Keyspan, one of the United States’ largest natural gas companies
* Awarding of the 500th Thomas W. Smith Academic Fellowship with the CUNY Baccalaureate Program