This edition: Study with the Best Special: I'm Not Alone, Season Ten, #4Tweet
Original tape date: April 10, 2011.
First aired: April 10, 2011.
When Sara Porath, a CUNY-TV producer, is diagnosed with breast cancer, she goes on a journey of self discovery that teaches her she is not alone in her battle against this devastating disease.
On this Special Edition of Study with the Best, we'll meet Wilhelmina Obatola Grant, a Hunter College Alumnus and two-time breast cancer survivor who uses her art to promote breast cancer awareness; and Carl Aylman, Director of Student Affairs at Baruch College whose whole life changed when his wife learned she had breast cancer and had a mastectomy.
We'll see CUNY's participation in breast cancer awareness events such as the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk, the Relay for Life at Baruch College and a hands-on breast self-examination workshop at the Borough of Manhattan Community College.
And we'll speak with Prof. Jill Bargonetti, one of the top breast cancer researchers in the country, about her groundbreaking work at Hunter College.
For more information about Breast Cancer Resources, contact the American Cancer Society at:
For free or low-cost mammography in New York City, call 311 today.
If you want to get involved in the fight against breast cancer, here are some organizations you can contact:
Avon Walk for Breast Cancer
Breast Cancer Research Foundation
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer from the American Cancer Society
Susan G. Komen for the Cure
Follow "I'm Not Alone" at www.facebook.com/iamnotalonetvdoc
Duane Ferguson Alumnus, Lehman College/CUNY
Sara Porath Producer, CUNY TV 75
Despina Teodorescu-Maris Co-Host, Study With the Best
- Justice and Freedom Through a CUNY Lens
- Thursday, September 21 - 8:30pm
- Friday, September 22 - 8:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 23 - 10:30am
- Sunday, September 24 - 7:00pm
- Friday, September 29 - 8:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 30 - 10:30am
- Sunday, October 1 - 7:00pm
- Thursday, October 5 - 8:30pm
- Friday, October 6 - 8:30am, 3:30pm
- Sunday, October 8 - 7:00pm
- Friday, October 13 - 8:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, October 14 - 10:30am
- Sunday, October 15 - 7:00pm
- Thursday, October 19 - 8:30pm
- Friday, October 20 - 8:30am, 3:30pm
- Food @ CUNY
- Thursday, September 7 - 8:30pm
- Friday, September 8 - 8:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 9 - 10:30am
- Sunday, September 10 - 7:00pm
- Friday, September 15 - 8:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 16 - 10:30am
- Sunday, September 17 - 7:00pm
- Water and CUNY
- Sunday, September 3 - 8:00am, 8:00pm
- Best of Season 16
- Sunday, August 27 - 8:00am, 8:00pm
- Wednesday, August 30 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 10:00pm
- Saturday, September 2 - 3:30pm
- Wednesday, August 23 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 10:00pm
- Saturday, August 26 - 3:30pm