This edition: Study with the Best Special: I'm Not Alone, Season Ten, #4Tweet
Original tape date: April 10, 2011.
First aired: April 10, 2011.
When Sara Porath, a CUNY-TV producer, is diagnosed with breast cancer, she goes on a journey of self discovery that teaches her she is not alone in her battle against this devastating disease.
On this Special Edition of Study with the Best, we'll meet Wilhelmina Obatola Grant, a Hunter College Alumnus and two-time breast cancer survivor who uses her art to promote breast cancer awareness; and Carl Aylman, Director of Student Affairs at Baruch College whose whole life changed when his wife learned she had breast cancer and had a mastectomy.
We'll see CUNY's participation in breast cancer awareness events such as the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk, the Relay for Life at Baruch College and a hands-on breast self-examination workshop at the Borough of Manhattan Community College.
And we'll speak with Prof. Jill Bargonetti, one of the top breast cancer researchers in the country, about her groundbreaking work at Hunter College.
For more information about Breast Cancer Resources, contact the American Cancer Society at:
For free or low-cost mammography in New York City, call 311 today.
If you want to get involved in the fight against breast cancer, here are some organizations you can contact:
Avon Walk for Breast Cancer
Breast Cancer Research Foundation
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer from the American Cancer Society
Susan G. Komen for the Cure
Follow "I'm Not Alone" at www.facebook.com/iamnotalonetvdoc
Duane Ferguson Alumnus, Lehman College/CUNY
Sara Porath Producer, CUNY TV 75
Despina Teodorescu-Maris Co-Host, Study With the Best
- Culture and Identity
- Saturday, May 26 - 10:30am
- Sunday, May 27 - 7:00pm
- Archiving at CUNY
- Thursday, May 31 - 8:30pm
- Friday, June 1 - 8:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, June 2 - 10:30am
- Sunday, June 3 - 7:00pm
- Friday, June 8 - 8:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, June 9 - 10:30am
- Music @ CUNY
- Thursday, June 14 - 8:30pm
- Friday, June 15 - 8:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, June 16 - 10:30am
- Sunday, June 17 - 7:00pm
- Friday, June 22 - 8:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, June 23 - 10:30am
- Sunday, June 24 - 7:00pm
- Culture and Identity
- Thursday, May 17 - 8:30pm
- Friday, May 18 - 8:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, May 19 - 10:30am
- Sunday, May 20 - 7:00pm
- Friday, May 25 - 8:30am, 3:30pm
- CUNY and the Animal Kingdom
- Thursday, May 3 - 8:30pm
- Friday, May 4 - 8:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, May 5 - 10:30am
- Sunday, May 6 - 7:00pm
- Friday, May 11 - 8:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, May 12 - 10:30am
- Sunday, May 13 - 7:00pm
- April 2018
- Friday, April 27 - 8:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, April 28 - 10:30am
- Sunday, April 29 - 7:00pm