This edition: Colin Powell and CUNYTweet
Original tape date: June 19, 2013.
First aired: June 30, 2013.
"This month, the news magazine show about CUNY features General Colin Powell. The retired Secretary of State and former Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff returns to his alma mater, City College, to inaugurate the Colin L. Powell Center for Leadership and Service.
Study With the Best was fortunate to grab a few minutes with him. The show will then profile Amy Gunther, proprietor of a skateboard store in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, and a recent graduate of Brooklyn College; watch rehearsals for a musical that four CUNY students helped create about their lives; explore the world of a deaf person and her life with her interpreter from Hunter College; and a partnership between Goldman Sachs and La Guardia Community College that is aiding small businesses."
Ashlee Alexander Student, Member, York College, The Possibility Project
Dr. Vincent Boudreau Director, City College, Colin L. Powell Center for Leadership and Service
Demetri Bratton Student, Member, BMCC, The Possibility Project
Tom Brokaw Host/ Broadcaster, The Brokaw Files
Mario Cesario CEO, Cesar-Kai Karate Academy
Paul Griffin Founder & President, The Possibility Project
Amy Gunther Student, Owner, Brooklyn College, KCDC Skateshop
Alexis Lamb Student, Member, Hunter College, The Possibility Project
Daniel Levy Founder, manhattanhomedesign.com
Peace Onyiuke Student, Member, Baruch College, The Possibility Project
Gen. Colin Powell Founder, Chair, and Distinguished Scholar, City College, Colin L. Powell Center for Leadership and Service
David Rampulla CEO, Island Adworx Advertising Inc.
Karen Romano Student, Hunter College
Jane Schulman Vice President, Adult and Continuing Education, LaGuardia Community College
Jasper Thacker-Bowell Interpreter, Hunter College Office of AccessABILITY
Powell: War vs DiplomacyGen. Colin Powell (Ret.) talks about the delicate balance between war and diplomacy.
Powell: On Elected OfficeAt one point Gen. Colin Powell gave serious consideration to running for public office.
Powell: YiddishAlong with learning Yiddish came some very powerful lessons about the value of education.
Powell: Boardroom vs War RoomGen. Powell says that the lessons learned in the boardroom and the war room are the same.
Powell: 13 Rules of LeadershipGen. Powell talks about his 13 rules of leadership, and which rules are most important.
Diplomacy, New York StyleGen. Colin Powell says that growing up in NY taught him how to relate and talk to people.
Powell Connects with ROTCGen. Powell says that joining the ROTC at CCNY brought meaning and purpose to his life.
General or Secretary Powell?General or Secretary Powell? Andrew Falzon finds out which title Powell preferred.
- Season 14, Number 5
- Sunday, January 25 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, January 28 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 10:00pm
- Saturday, January 31 - 3:30pm
- Sunday, February 8 - 8:00am, 8:00pm
- Wednesday, February 11 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 10:00pm
- Saturday, February 14 - 3:30pm
- The Visual Arts
- Sunday, February 1 - 8:00am, 8:00pm
- Wednesday, February 4 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, February 7 - 3:30pm
- The Future
- Sunday, February 15 - 8:00am, 8:00pm
- Wednesday, February 18 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 10:00pm
- Saturday, February 21 - 3:30pm
- Sunday, February 22 - 8:00am, 8:00pm
- Season 14, Number 5
- Sunday, January 25 - 8:00am
- Performers Across CUNY
- Sunday, January 18 - 8:00am, 8:00pm
- Wednesday, January 21 - 10:00pm
- Saturday, January 24 - 3:30pm
- We're With That One Sound: Music and CUNY
- Sunday, January 4 - 8:00am, 8:00pm
- Saturday, January 10 - 3:30pm
- Film and CUNY
- Sunday, December 28 - 8:00am, 8:00pm
- Wednesday, December 31 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 10:00pm
- Saturday, January 3 - 3:30pm
- Sunday, January 11 - 8:00am, 8:00pm
- Wednesday, January 14 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 10:00pm
- Saturday, January 17 - 3:30pm
- Making Good on Geek: Nerd Culture Through the Lens of CUNY
- Saturday, December 27 - 3:30pm