This edition: Colin Powell and CUNYTweet
Original tape date: June 19, 2013.
First aired: June 30, 2013.
"This month, the news magazine show about CUNY features General Colin Powell. The retired Secretary of State and former Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff returns to his alma mater, City College, to inaugurate the Colin L. Powell Center for Leadership and Service.
Study With the Best was fortunate to grab a few minutes with him. The show will then profile Amy Gunther, proprietor of a skateboard store in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, and a recent graduate of Brooklyn College; watch rehearsals for a musical that four CUNY students helped create about their lives; explore the world of a deaf person and her life with her interpreter from Hunter College; and a partnership between Goldman Sachs and La Guardia Community College that is aiding small businesses."
Ashlee Alexander Student, Member, York College, The Possibility Project
Dr. Vincent G. Boudreau Director, City College, Colin L. Powell Center for Leadership and Service
Demetri Bratton Student, Member, BMCC, The Possibility Project
Tom Brokaw Host/ Broadcaster, The Brokaw Files
Mario Cesario CEO, Cesar-Kai Karate Academy
Paul G. Griffin Founder & President, The Possibility Project
Amy Gunther Student, Owner, Brooklyn College, KCDC Skateshop
Alexis Lamb Student, Member, Hunter College, The Possibility Project
Daniel Levy Founder, manhattanhomedesign.com
Peace Onyiuke Student, Member, Baruch College, The Possibility Project
Gen. Colin Powell Founder, Chair, and Distinguished Scholar, City College, Colin L. Powell Center for Leadership and Service
David Rampulla CEO, Island Adworx Advertising Inc.
Karen Romano Student, Hunter College
Jane Schulman Vice President, Adult and Continuing Education, LaGuardia Community College
Jasper Thacker-Bowell Interpreter, Hunter College Office of AccessABILITY
Powell: War vs DiplomacyGen. Colin Powell (Ret.) talks about the delicate balance between war and diplomacy.
Powell: On Elected OfficeAt one point Gen. Colin Powell gave serious consideration to running for public office.
Powell: YiddishAlong with learning Yiddish came some very powerful lessons about the value of education.
Powell: Boardroom vs War RoomGen. Powell says that the lessons learned in the boardroom and the war room are the same.
Powell: 13 Rules of LeadershipGen. Powell talks about his 13 rules of leadership, and which rules are most important.
Diplomacy, New York StyleGen. Colin Powell says that growing up in NY taught him how to relate and talk to people.
Powell Connects with ROTCGen. Powell says that joining the ROTC at CCNY brought meaning and purpose to his life.
General or Secretary Powell?General or Secretary Powell? Andrew Falzon finds out which title Powell preferred.
- Archiving at CUNY
- Wednesday, June 29 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 10:00pm
- Saturday, July 2 - 3:30pm
- Sunday, July 10 - 8:00am, 8:00pm
- Wednesday, July 13 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 10:00pm
- Saturday, July 16 - 3:30pm
- Sunday, July 24 - 8:00am, 8:00pm
- Performers Across CUNY
- Sunday, July 3 - 8:00am, 8:00pm
- Wednesday, July 6 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 10:00pm
- Saturday, July 9 - 3:30pm
- Sunday, July 17 - 8:00am, 8:00pm
- Wednesday, July 20 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 10:00pm
- Saturday, July 23 - 3:30pm
- Archiving at CUNY
- Sunday, June 26 - 8:00am, 8:00pm
- Sunday, June 19 - 8:00am, 8:00pm
- Wednesday, June 22 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 10:00pm
- Saturday, June 25 - 3:30pm
- The Future
- Sunday, June 5 - 8:00am, 8:00pm
- Wednesday, June 8 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 10:00pm
- Saturday, June 11 - 3:30pm
- CUNY Journeys - Overseas and Underground
- Sunday, May 29 - 8:00am, 8:00pm
- Wednesday, June 1 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 10:00pm
- Saturday, June 4 - 3:30pm
- Sunday, June 12 - 8:00am, 8:00pm
- Wednesday, June 15 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 10:00pm
- Saturday, June 18 - 3:30pm
- Stories from the Community Colleges
- Saturday, May 28 - 3:30pm