This edition: Daniel SchorrTweet
Original tape date: March 29, 2001.
Interviewed by senior writer/producer Morton Silverstein, Daniel Schorr, now senior news analyst for National Public Radio, speaks with typical candor about his 25-year career at CBS News, which ended in a confrontation over the publication of the House Intelligence Committee's Pike Report. Other conflicts in his journalistic career include those with the Nixon White House, which led to his investigation by the FBI and earned him a top rating on the Nixon "enemies" list. These incidents also set a precedent by placing the reporter at the center of the story.
Daniel Schorr Senior News Analyst, National Public Radio
Morton Silverstein Senior Writer/Producer, Television in America
- Don Hewitt, Producer "60 Minutes"
- Friday, April 27 - 6:00am, 12:00pm
- Saturday, April 28 - 11:00pm
- Year-End Edition
- Friday, May 4 - 6:00am, 12:00pm
- Daniel Schorr
- Friday, May 11 - 6:00am, 12:00pm
- Saturday, May 12 - 11:00pm
- Morley Safer and Richard Hottelet
- Friday, May 18 - 6:00am, 12:00pm
- Saturday, May 19 - 11:00pm