This edition: Studs Terkel
Original tape date: February 13, 2001.
Interviewed by executive producer Alvin Perlmutter, Studs Terkel discusses the early days of Chicago television and radio, media monopolies, public ownership of the airwaves and the origin of his nickname. Clips from The Great American Dream Machine and Studs' Place showcase Terkel's unique ability to create a forum to hear the voices of "non-celebrated" individuals.
- Don Hewitt, Producer "60 Minutes"
- Friday, April 27 - 6:00am, 12:00pm
- Saturday, April 28 - 11:00pm
- Year-End Edition
- Friday, May 4 - 6:00am, 12:00pm
- Daniel Schorr
- Friday, May 11 - 6:00am, 12:00pm
- Morley Safer and Richard Hottelet
- Friday, May 18 - 6:00am, 12:00pm
- Howard K. Smith
- Friday, April 20 - 6:00am, 12:00pm
- Judy Woodruff
- Friday, April 13 - 6:00am, 12:00pm
- Sheila Nevins
- Friday, April 6 - 6:00am, 12:00pm
- Saturday, April 7 - 11:00pm
- Andy Rooney
- Friday, March 30 - 6:00am, 12:00pm
- Saturday, March 31 - 11:00pm