Latest edition: August Wilson's JitneyTweet
Original tape date: February 3, 2017.
First aired: February 18, 2017.
Director Ruben Santiago-Hudson, along with actors John Douglas Thompson and Brandon J. Dirden discuss Manhattan Theatre Club's revival of the late August Wilson's play “Jitney" - the first of The Pittsburgh Cycle, 10 plays portraying Black lives across 10 decades of the 20th Century. Set in a gypsy cab dispatch office in Pittsburgh's Hill District during the 1970's, "Jitney" reveals the outer and inner conflicts of the diverse group of African-American men who are eking out their livings as drivers. Our guests also talk about their auditions and rehearsals for the play. Santiago-Hudson's also remembers his long-standing friendship and working relationship with August Wilson. Santiago-Hudson has not only directed many of the writer's plays, but won a Best Featured Actor TONY Award in 1996 for his performance in Wilson's "Seven Guitars."
- "Evening at the Talk House" with Wallace Shawn, Matthew Broderick, and Scott Elliott
- Saturday, February 25 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, February 26 - 12:30pm
- Monday, February 27 - 7:30am, 1:30pm, 7:30pm
- Actor Chazz Palminteri discusses his one-man Broadway show, A BRONX TALE
- Saturday, March 4 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, March 5 - 12:30pm
- Monday, March 6 - 7:30am, 1:30pm, 7:30pm
- "Kid Victory" with John Kander, Greg Pierce and Karen Ziemba / "Hello, Dolly!" Jerry Herman
- Saturday, March 11 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, March 12 - 12:30pm
- Monday, March 13 - 7:30am, 1:30pm, 7:30pm
- Saturday, March 18 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, March 19 - 12:30pm
- Monday, March 20 - 7:30am, 1:30pm, 7:30pm
- Saturday, March 25 - 8:30pm
- August Wilson's Jitney
- Saturday, February 18 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, February 19 - 12:30pm
- Monday, February 20 - 7:30am, 1:30pm, 7:30pm
- John Breglio, producer/author of "I Wanna Be A Producer"
- Saturday, February 11 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, February 12 - 12:45pm
- Monday, February 13 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 7:30pm
- Elaine Stritch's 88th Birthday Bash
- Saturday, February 4 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, February 5 - 12:30pm
- Monday, February 6 - 7:30am, 1:30pm, 7:30pm
- David Ives, playwright, "The Liar"
- Saturday, January 28 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, January 29 - 12:30pm
- Monday, January 30 - 7:30am, 1:30pm, 7:30pm