This edition: Theater Talk's Tony CavalcadeTweet
Original tape date: June 10, 2007.
In a gala Tony night special, CUNY TV's Theater Talk TONY Cavalcade" features top New York critics commenting on their favorite Broadway performers and Tony-nominated productions of the season.
Guests include: Melissa Rose Bernardo of "Entertainment Weekly," Adam Feldman of "TimeOut,"John Heilpern of "The New York Observer," Barbara Hoffman of the "New York Post," Charles Isherwood of "The New York Times," Howard Kissel of "The Daily News," Jacques le Sourd of Gannett, Jeremy McCarter of "New York Magazine," Michael Musto of "The Village Voice," Patrick Pacheco of NY1, Aaron Riccio of the "New Theater Corps," Dave Richardson of WOR, John Simon of Bloomberg News, Michael Sommers of "The Star Ledger” sharing their insights with THEATER TALK co-host, Michael Riedel of the "New York Post.
Also on the show, new interviews with this year's nominees: Douglas Carter Beane, Eric Bogosian, Raul Esparza, Boyd Gaines, David Hyde Pierce, John Earl Jelks, Bill T. Jones, Kiki & Herb, Gavin Lee, and Jack Viertel by the program's producer, Susan Haskins.
Douglas Carter Beane Playwright, "The Nance"
Melissa Rose Bernardo Theatre Critic, Entertainment Weekly
Eric Bogosian Actor/Playwright
Raúl Esparza Actor
Adam Feldman Critic, Time Out New York
Boyd Gaines Actor/Dancer
John Heilpern Drama Critic
Barbara Hoffman New York Post
Charles Isherwood Theatre Critic, The New York Times
Bill T. Jones Director
Howard Kissel Critic
Jacques le Sourd Theater Critic, WCBS Radio
Gavin Lee Actor, “Mary Poppins”
Jeremy McCarter Theatre Critic, New York Magazine
Michael Musto Entertainment Journalist, The Village Voice
Patrick Pacheco Entertainment Reporter, Los Angeles Times
David Hyde Pierce Actor, "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike"
Aaron Riccio Editor, New Theater Corps
David Richardson Theater Critic, WOR
John Simon Theatre critic, The Westchester Guardian
Michael Sommers Critic, Star-Ledger
- "The Band's Visit" Creatives
- Saturday, December 16 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 17 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 18 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Amy Schumer; plus Agosto Machado
- Monday, December 18 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 23 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 24 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 25 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Best Worst Thing That Ever Could Have Happened"
- Monday, December 25 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 30 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 31 - 7:00am
- Monday, January 1 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Critics Panel (Winter 2018)
- Monday, January 1 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, January 6 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, January 7 - 7:00am
- Monday, January 8 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Farinelli and the King" plus Tom Jones & Harvey Schmidt
- Monday, January 8 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, January 13 - 8:30pm
- "The Band's Visit" Creatives
- Monday, December 11 - 8:00pm
- "Junk" and "20th Century Blues"
- Monday, December 4 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 9 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 10 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 11 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Creating "Dear Evan Hansen"
- Monday, November 27 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 3 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 4 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Julie Taymor & David Henry Hwang on "The Lion King" 20th Anniversary and "M. Butterfly"
- Monday, November 20 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 25 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, November 26 - 7:00am
- Monday, November 27 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Stephen Adly Guirgis on "Jesus Hopped the 'A' Train"
- Saturday, November 18 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, November 19 - 7:00am
- Monday, November 20 - 7:30am, 1:30pm