This edition: Kitty Carlisle Hart and Anne Kaufman Schneider discuss the legacy of George S. Kaufman and Moss HartTweet
Original tape date: September 1, 2007.
In tribute to the late KITTY CARLISLE HART, Theater Talk presents its 2002 interview with her and ANNE KAUFMAN SCHNEIDER in which they discussed the legacy of the legendary creative team, Kaufman and Hart.
George S. Kaufman and Moss Hart were two of the most successful playwrights of the Twentieth Century. Their hit collaborations, including the classic comedies: YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU, THE MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER and ONCE IN A LIFETIME, continue to be produced constantly, wherever people love theater.
Kitty Carlisle Hart was a well-known and beloved actress/singer ("A Night at The Opera") and television personality ("To Tell the Truth"), as well as a champion of the arts. She was married to Moss Hart from 1946 until his death in 1961. She also was Chairman and then, Chairman
Emeritas of The New York State Council of The Arts.
Anne Kaufman Schneider is an eminent arts consultant, philanthropist and the daughter of George S. Kaufman. Together they lovingly oversaw and protected Kaufman and Hart's theatrical legacy.
- Halloween Gala
- Monday, September 17 - 8:00pm
- Tribute to Edward Albee
- Monday, September 10 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 15 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 17 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child"
- Monday, September 3 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 10 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Edward Albee's Three Tall Women"
- Monday, August 27 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 1 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 3 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Frozen" songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez; The Broadway League president Charlotte St. Martin
- Saturday, August 25 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, August 26 - 7:00am
- Monday, August 27 - 7:30am, 1:30pm