This edition: Oskar Eustis, Artistic Dir. of the Public Theater, on the 365 Days/365 Plays Festival. Interviewers: Aaron Ricco and Cindy Pierre
Original tape date: September 9, 2007.
Members of THEATER TALK's "New Theater Corps" AARON RICCO and CINDY PIERRE, interview OSKAR EUSTIS, Artistic Director of the Public Theater about The Public's 365 DAYS/365 PLAYS Festival, SUZAN-LORI PARKS' audacious project in which the Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright wrote one play, every day, for a year. Fifty-two theater
companies were then chosen to interpret these works, now being presented all-over America.
Highlights of the best of these productions are being presented one-Sunday-a-month at The Public. Riccio and Pierre also talk to directors of: The Ma-Yi. TADA!, Classical Theatre of Harlem, H.A.D.L.E.Y. and Mud/Bone companies, who introduce highlights from their respective 365 presentations (taped 9/9/07).
Also on the program, an encore of our interview with actors PETER BARTLETT of THE DROWSY CHAPERONE and LEE ROY REAMS of THE PRODUCERS, who discuss the art of being replacement actors in Broadway musicals (#1319, taped 4/14/07)
Peter Bartlett Actor, “The Drowsy Chaperone”
Oskar Eustis Artistic Director, The Public Theater
Suzan-Lori Parks Playwright
Lee Roy Reams Actor, “The Producers”
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- "Indecent" and "Come From Away"
- Monday, December 31 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 7:00am
- Monday, January 7 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Holiday Critics 2016
- Monday, December 24 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 31 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Jeff Daniels in "Blackbird"
- Saturday, December 22 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 24 - 7:30am, 1:30pm