This edition: Spring Critics 2011Tweet
Original tape date: April 22, 2011.
Theater Talk’s panel of critics review Broadway shows from the 2011 Spring season. They look at “The Mother****** With the Hat”, and why it surprised critics with it’s vibrant acting and strong dialog, though they focus on some of the weak points of Chris Rock’s acting. They discuss “Jerusalem” and focus on whether or not it truly is a modern day masterpiece, they talk about “Good People” and whether the plot is more intricate then it appears, as well as provide their critiques on some of the musicals such as “Anything Goes”, “Sister Act”, and “The Book of Mormon”.
Adam Feldman Critic, TIME OUT/New York
Jacques le Sourd Critic, WCBS Radio
Terry Teachout Critic & Columnist, The Wall Street Journal
Elisabeth Vincentelli Critic, New York Post
- Halloween Gala
- Monday, September 17 - 8:00pm
- Tribute to Edward Albee
- Monday, September 10 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 15 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 17 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child"
- Monday, September 3 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 10 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Edward Albee's Three Tall Women"
- Monday, August 27 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 1 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 3 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Frozen" songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez; The Broadway League president Charlotte St. Martin
- Saturday, August 25 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, August 26 - 7:00am
- Monday, August 27 - 7:30am, 1:30pm