This edition: "Wit" and "Silence! The Musical"Tweet
Original tape date: January 27, 2012.
First aired: February 25, 2012.
A conversation about “Wit,” the searing drama about a woman's struggle with maintaining her self-awareness and sense of humor while grappling with a mortal illness. Playwright Margaret Edson discusses the revival of her 1998 Pulitzer Prize-winning play, along with the current production's director Lynne Meadow, the Artistic Director of The Manhattan Theatre Club. Also on the program, we focus on “Silence! The Musical,” the highly successful parody of “Silence of the Lambs,” now playing off-Broadway. Our guests are the show's librettist Hunter Bell and actors David Garrison, who plays Hannibal Lecter, and Jenn Harris, whose uncanny portrayal of Clarice Starling as channeled through Jodie Foster is worth the price of admission all by itself.
Hunter Bell Librettist
Margaret Edson Playwright
David Garrison Actor
Jenn Harris Actress
Lynne Meadow Artistic Director, Manhattan Theatre Club
- Halloween Gala
- Monday, September 17 - 8:00pm
- Tribute to Edward Albee
- Monday, September 10 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 15 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 17 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child"
- Monday, September 3 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 10 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Edward Albee's Three Tall Women"
- Monday, August 27 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 1 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 3 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Frozen" songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez; The Broadway League president Charlotte St. Martin
- Monday, August 20 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, August 25 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, August 26 - 7:00am
- Monday, August 27 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- The New Stars of "Hamilton"
- Monday, August 20 - 7:30am, 1:30pm