This edition: Patrick Healy on "Spider-Man" v. Taymor plus Remembering Ted MannTweet
Original tape date: March 30, 2012.
First aired: April 14, 2012.
Reporter Patrick Healy of "The New York Times" drops by to discuss the contentious lawsuit between the producers of "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark," and the musical's former director, Julie Taymor. Healy also helps us to kick off Theater Talk's coverage of the 2012 Tony competition by comparing the new musicals "Newsies" and "Once" and speculating as to which one, if either of them, the Tony voters will pick as the Best Musical in June. We then pay tribute to the late producer Theodore Mann with highlights from our 2010 interview with the Off-Broadway pioneer and founder of the Circle in the Square Theatre.
- Halloween Gala
- Monday, September 17 - 8:00pm
- Tribute to Edward Albee
- Monday, September 10 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 15 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 17 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child"
- Monday, September 3 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 10 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Edward Albee's Three Tall Women"
- Monday, August 27 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 1 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 3 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Frozen" songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez; The Broadway League president Charlotte St. Martin
- Saturday, August 25 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, August 26 - 7:00am
- Monday, August 27 - 7:30am, 1:30pm