This edition: Christopher Bram on his book "Eminent Outlaws: Gay Writers Who Changed America"Tweet
Original tape date: May 11, 2012.
First aired: September 29, 2012.
Our guest is writer Christopher Bram, author of “Eminent Outlaws: The Gay Writers Who Changed America”, his rich and sweeping chronicle of gay authors, dramatists, and poets in post-WWII America and how they influenced the course of literary history. He discusses the lives of major male homosexual writers including: Gore Vidal, Truman Capote, Allen Ginsberg and others — men whose work helped change the informed straight world’s perception of their sexuality from fear and contempt to acceptance, and now, in many cases, adulation.
Christopher Bram Author
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- "Indecent" and "Come From Away"
- Monday, December 31 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 7:00am
- Monday, January 7 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Holiday Critics 2016
- Monday, December 24 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 31 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Jeff Daniels in "Blackbird"
- Saturday, December 22 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 24 - 7:30am, 1:30pm