This edition: Playwright Amy Herzog discusses her new play Belleville. Also, we visit with restaurateur Joe Allen.Tweet
Original tape date: March 1, 2013.
First aired: March 23, 2013.
We welcome celebrated young playwright Amy Herzog to discuss her new play, "Belleville." Herzog talks about the lengthy process it took her to create this work, as well as her other recent stage successes, "After the Revolution" and "4000 Miles."
Next we head to Manhattan's Hell's Kitchen to interview the legendary restaurateur Joe Allen. Allen opened his eponymous restaurant, Joe Allen, in 1965 on a drug-infested block of the Theater District and by doing so, helped pioneer the highly-successful Restaurant Row, now one of the principle go-to spots for visitors to Broadway. Allen reflects on how Broadway has changed while he's been on the scene and shares some of the wisdom he has gained after half a century in his business, including his insight about seating, "Those who care don't count, and those who count don't care."
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- "Indecent" and "Come From Away"
- Monday, December 31 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 7:00am
- Monday, January 7 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Holiday Critics 2016
- Monday, December 24 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 31 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Jeff Daniels in "Blackbird"
- Saturday, December 22 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 24 - 7:30am, 1:30pm