This edition: George C. Wolfe on "Lucky Guy" and Holland Taylor on "Ann"Tweet
Original tape date: April 19, 2013.
First aired: June 1, 2013.
We welcome two of the most talented and experienced artists working in theater today, both nominated for 2013 Tony Awards®.
First, director George C. Wolfe discusses working with Nora Ephron on her play "Lucky Guy" based on the life of infamous NY tabloid columnist Mike McAlary. Ephron tragically died of cancer in 2012, but Wolfe went on to stage the play on Broadway this season.
Next up, playwright/actor Holland Taylor talks about her one woman show "Ann," which she based on the life of the magnetic Texas governor Ann Richards, another great woman who lost her life to cancer. Taylor shares how she was first inspired to write about the legendary politician, and discusses her approach to portraying her on-stage.
- Halloween Gala
- Monday, September 17 - 8:00pm
- Tribute to Edward Albee
- Monday, September 10 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 15 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 17 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child"
- Monday, September 3 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 10 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Edward Albee's Three Tall Women"
- Monday, August 27 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 1 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 3 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Frozen" songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez; The Broadway League president Charlotte St. Martin
- Monday, August 20 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, August 25 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, August 26 - 7:00am
- Monday, August 27 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- The New Stars of "Hamilton"
- Sunday, August 19 - 7:00am
- Monday, August 20 - 7:30am, 1:30pm