This edition: "Sontag: Reborn" / "Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812"Tweet
Original tape date: June 10, 2013.
First aired: June 29, 2013.
Actor/adaptor Moe Angelos and director Marianne Weems discuss their multi-media theater piece, "Sontag: Reborn," which is based on the early journals of the iconic Twentieth-Century critic. Also on the program composer/librettist/actor Dave Malloy and director Rachel Chavkin talk about their hit immersive musical "Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812," which is based on "War and Peace" and takes place in a club in the Meat-Packing district where the audience is served a traditional Russian meal during the show.
Moe Angelos Actor/Adaptor, "Sontag: Reborn"
Rachel Chavkin Director, "Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812"
Dave Malloy Composer/Lyricist, "Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812"
Marianne Weems Director, "Sontag: Reborn"
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- "Indecent" and "Come From Away"
- Monday, December 31 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 7:00am
- Monday, January 7 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Holiday Critics 2016
- Monday, December 24 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 31 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Jeff Daniels in "Blackbird"
- Saturday, December 22 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 24 - 7:30am, 1:30pm