This edition: "All That Fall"Tweet
Original tape date: November 15, 2013.
First aired: November 30, 2013.
Theater Talk welcomes Dame Eileen Atkins and Sir Michael Gambon now appearing Off-Broadway in "All That Fall" by Samuel Beckett. Beckett wrote "All That Fall" as a radio play (first broadcast in 1957) and refused to allow it to be done as a live play, saying, "To act it is to kill it." Atkins and Gambon tell how they worked with director Sir Trevor Nunn (and Beckett's estate) to bring this work, in which Atkins portrays an obese "and hysterical old hag" and Gambon her blind crippled and possibly demented husband, to the stage. Our interview with these two great actors makes it clear why The New York Times called this production, "a triumph for Ms. Atkins and company and for the singular art of Beckett."
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- "Indecent" and "Come From Away"
- Monday, December 31 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 7:00am
- Monday, January 7 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Holiday Critics 2016
- Monday, December 24 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 31 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Jeff Daniels in "Blackbird"
- Saturday, December 22 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 24 - 7:30am, 1:30pm