This edition: "Satchmo at The Waldorf"Tweet
Original tape date: February 28, 2014.
First aired: March 29, 2014.
Playwright Terry Teachout (also lead drama critic for The Wall Street Journal) and actor John Douglas Thompson discuss Teachout's new play, Satchmo at The Waldorf about the last years of jazz legend Louis Armstrong, in which, The New York Times tells us, “John Douglas Thompson vividly resurrects Armstrong…By the show’s end, you sense the profound fortitude that lay beneath the avuncular surface of this giant, and you are newly appreciative of his singular place in history.”
Terry Teachout Playwright, Critic & Columnist, The Wall Street Journal
John Douglas Thompson Actor, “Satchmo at The Waldorf”
- Halloween Gala
- Monday, September 17 - 8:00pm
- Tribute to Edward Albee
- Monday, September 10 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 15 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 17 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child"
- Monday, September 3 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 10 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Edward Albee's Three Tall Women"
- Monday, August 27 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 1 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 3 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Frozen" songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez; The Broadway League president Charlotte St. Martin
- Saturday, August 25 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, August 26 - 7:00am
- Monday, August 27 - 7:30am, 1:30pm