This edition: Steven Lutvak, composer/co-lyricist "A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder"Tweet
Original tape date: March 14, 2014.
First aired: April 19, 2014.
Theater Talk spent a half hour at our piano with composer/co-lyricist Steven Lutvak, whose new musical "A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder" is one of the most popular new shows on Broadway. Lutvak talks about how he and his writing partner Robert L. Freedman created this funny and irreverent work based on the controversial 1907 British novel "Israel Rank: The Autobiography of a Criminal" (a work which - once its anti-semitism was extracted - was first made into the legendary 1949 Alec Guinness movie "Kind Hearts and Coronets"). Lutvak, an established cabaret performer himself, also performs many songs from his lively and tuneful score.
Steven Lutvak Composer/Co-Lyricist, “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder”
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- "Indecent" and "Come From Away"
- Monday, December 31 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 7:00am
- Monday, January 7 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Holiday Critics 2016
- Monday, December 24 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 31 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Jeff Daniels in "Blackbird"
- Saturday, December 22 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 24 - 7:30am, 1:30pm