This edition: Cameron Mackintosh's revival of "Oklahoma"Tweet
Original tape date: March 22, 2002.
Producer Cameron Mackintosh, in town for the opening of his revival of Rodgers & Hammerstein's “Oklahoma,” discusses creating the production (with director Trevor Nunn and choreographer Susan Stroman) and bringing it from London to New York.
The producer of the mega-hits “Cats,” “Les Miserables” and “The Phantom of the Opera” also talks about his 35 year career as one of the most successful impresarios in the history of the musical theater, and why his plans for the future do not include putting on any more new musicals.
Cameron Mackintosh Producer
- Halloween Gala
- Monday, September 17 - 8:00pm
- Tribute to Edward Albee
- Monday, September 10 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 15 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 17 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child"
- Monday, September 3 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 10 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Edward Albee's Three Tall Women"
- Monday, August 27 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 1 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 3 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Frozen" songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez; The Broadway League president Charlotte St. Martin
- Saturday, August 25 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, August 26 - 7:00am
- Monday, August 27 - 7:30am, 1:30pm