This edition: "Hand to God" plus 24/6: A Jewish Theater CompanyTweet
Original tape date: March 27, 2015.
First aired: April 11, 2015.
“Hand to God” is the outrageous hit Broadway comedy about a teenager attending a Christian puppet-making workshop in Texas, whose sock-puppet seems to have become possessed by the devil. Our guests are the creative team: playwright Robert Askins, director Moritz von Stuelpnagel and actor Steven Boyer (with the satanic puppet, Tyrone), on the show that New York Magazine designated, "Broadway's unlikeliest must-see play" and the New York Times calls "Darkly Delightful and flat out hilarious."
Next up are Yoni Oppenheim and Avi Soroka, Directors and Co-Founders of 24/6: A Jewish Theater Company, which they created as a theatrical home for Sabbath-Observant Jews. Yoni and Avi explain their inspiration for starting the company and discuss the difficulties they had faced getting work in the theater because they practice a religion that prohibits working from sundown on Friday to sundown on Saturday.
Robert Askins Playwright, “Hand to God”
Steven Boyer Actor, “Hand to God”
Tyrone McHansley Puppet Actor, “Hand to God”
Yoni Oppenheim Co-Founder, 24/6: A Jewish Theater Company
Avi Soroka Co-Founder, 24/6: A Jewish Theater Company
Moritz von Stuelpnagel Director, “Hand to God”
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- "Indecent" and "Come From Away"
- Monday, December 31 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 7:00am
- Monday, January 7 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Holiday Critics 2016
- Monday, December 24 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 31 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Jeff Daniels in "Blackbird"
- Sunday, December 23 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 24 - 7:30am, 1:30pm