This edition: David Javerbaum's "An Act of God" & "Cagney" The MusicalTweet
Original tape date: May 15, 2015.
First aired: June 6, 2015.
We focus on two productions beginning the 2015-16 theater season - “An Act of God,” a new comedy at Studio 54 by 13-time Emmy-winning writer David Javerbaum, which stars Jim Parsons as God, AND “Cagney”, The York Theatre Company's new bio-musical on the life of the famed movie star.
First Javerbaum discusses bringing God's words to the stage in An Act of God, which follows their successful collaboration on the best-selling book, “The Last Testament: A Memoir by God,” as well as the popular Twitter account @TheTweetOfGod
Next up is the creative team from Cagney, including its co-composer/lyricist and star, Robert Creighton, plus the show's director Bill Castellino, and The York Theatre Company's Producing Artistic Director James Morgan. They share intriguing biographical elements from Cagney's life. Morgan also talks about his 40-year association with The York and the Off-Broadway theater's unique niche in New York City, as a production company entirely devoted to musicals.
Bill Castellino Director, “Cagney”
Robert Creighton Actor, Lyricist, “Cagney”
David Javerbaum Playwright, “An Act of God”
James Morgan Producing Artistic Director, The York Theatre Company
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- "Indecent" and "Come From Away"
- Monday, December 31 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 7:00am
- Monday, January 7 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Holiday Critics 2016
- Monday, December 24 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 31 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Jeff Daniels in "Blackbird"
- Saturday, December 22 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 24 - 7:30am, 1:30pm