This edition: Josh Ellis; plus Eric Bentley's 100th BirthdayTweet
Original tape date: November 5, 2015.
First aired: November 21, 2015.
The first guest is veteran Broadway press agent, turned minister, Josh Ellis, creator and performer of “Call My Publicist! The Starry Education of a Broadway Press Agent.” Ellis talks about working for and learning from masters of self-promotion including Carol Channing, Yul Brynner and the legendary producer David Merrick.
Also on the program, Michael Riedel goes on location for a conversation with Eric Bentley, the brilliant critic, playwright, editor and the foremost English translator of Bertolt Brecht. Bentley, who turns 100 on December 7, 2015, discusses his childhood in England, working with Brecht, and his views on mortality as he approaches the beginning of his second century.
Eric Bentley Critic/Performer/Playwright/Translator/Writer
Josh Ellis Publicist, “Call My Publicist! The Starry Education of a Broadway Press Agent”
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- "Indecent" and "Come From Away"
- Monday, December 31 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 7:00am
- Monday, January 7 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Holiday Critics 2016
- Monday, December 24 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 31 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Jeff Daniels in "Blackbird"
- Saturday, December 22 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 24 - 7:30am, 1:30pm