This edition: Andrew Lloyd WebberTweet
Original tape date: November 5, 2015.
First aired: November 28, 2015.
Our guest is Andrew Lloyd Webber, the most successful composer in the history of musical theatre. Sir Andrew discusses his new show “School of Rock – The Musical” based on the popular 2003 Jack Black film about a down-and-out rock musician who assumes the identity of a substitute teacher and ends up saving himself and enriching the lives of his students beyond their dreams.
Lloyd Webber has written a new score for “School of Rock” (which also has lyrics by Glenn Slater, and book by Julian Fellowes) and is producing it as well. Lloyd Webber discusses why he has written a new rock musical, a genre he is not worked in since he composed “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” and “Jesus Christ Superstar” with Tim Rice in the 1970s.
Andrew Lloyd Webber Composer & Producer, “School of Rock”
- Halloween Gala
- Monday, September 17 - 8:00pm
- Tribute to Edward Albee
- Monday, September 10 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 15 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 17 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child"
- Monday, September 3 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 10 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Edward Albee's Three Tall Women"
- Monday, August 27 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 1 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 3 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Frozen" songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez; The Broadway League president Charlotte St. Martin
- Saturday, August 25 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, August 26 - 7:00am
- Monday, August 27 - 7:30am, 1:30pm