This edition: Roundabout at 50Tweet
Original tape date: October 23, 2015.
First aired: January 23, 2016.
We celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Roundabout Theatre Company, the largest and one of most influential not-for-profit theaters in the USA. Our guests are the Roundabout's Artistic Director, Todd Haimes; Jim Carnahan, its Director of Artistic Development and Casting; plus Associate Artistic Director, Scott Ellis.
The trio chronicles the history of the cultural institution, which was founded in 1965 in a converted supermarket and has grown under Haimes' leadership (which began in 1990) into an artistic empire that includes five theaters, both on and off Broadway.
The panel also discusses Roundabout's Broadway revival of “She Loves Me,” which starts February 19 at Studio 54. The classic Sheldon Harnick/Jerry Bock musical was Roundabout's first musical production in 1993 and a huge hit, which began the Roundabout's commitment to producing a classic musical from the American repertoire every year. Scott Ellis directed that 1993 revival and is directing it again in 2016.
Jim Carnahan Director of Artistic Development, Roundabout Theatre Company
Scott Ellis Adams Associate Artistic Director, Roundabout Theatre Company
Jesse Green Theatre Critic, New York Magazine
Todd Haimes Artistic Director, Roundabout Theatre Company
- Halloween Gala
- Monday, September 17 - 8:00pm
- Tribute to Edward Albee
- Monday, September 10 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 15 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 17 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child"
- Monday, September 3 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 10 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Edward Albee's Three Tall Women"
- Monday, August 27 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 1 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 3 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Frozen" songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez; The Broadway League president Charlotte St. Martin
- Saturday, August 25 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, August 26 - 7:00am
- Monday, August 27 - 7:30am, 1:30pm