This edition: Meet "The Humans"Tweet
Original tape date: April 15, 2016.
First aired: May 7, 2016.
Playwright Stephen Karam, and actors Reed Birney, Jayne Houdyshell and Cassie Beck discuss Karam's new play "The Humans," now on Broadway at the Helen Hayes Theatre. The drama, a 2016 Pulitzer Prize finalist, focuses on a family in crisis on several different fronts. They are confronting unemployment, scandal, dementia and cancer, yet they have come together on Thanksgiving to affirm and celebrate their solidarity. In what playwright Karam aptly terms, "a genre collision play," their time together moves from humorous bantering into a moving and eerie climax that has brought the play raves from all the critics.
Cassie Beck Actress, “The Humans”
Reed Birney Actor, “The Humans”
Jayne Houdyshell Actress, “The Humans”
Stephen Karam Playwright, “The Humans”
- Halloween Gala
- Monday, September 17 - 8:00pm
- Tribute to Edward Albee
- Monday, September 10 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 15 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 17 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child"
- Monday, September 3 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 10 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Edward Albee's Three Tall Women"
- Monday, August 27 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 1 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 3 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Frozen" songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez; The Broadway League president Charlotte St. Martin
- Saturday, August 25 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, August 26 - 7:00am
- Monday, August 27 - 7:30am, 1:30pm