This edition: TONY Wrap-Up and "Turn Me Loose"Tweet
Original tape date: June 13, 2016.
First aired: June 25, 2016.
Our pundits Patrick Pacheco of the Los Angeles Times, Michael Musto of Out.com and Jesse Green of New York Magazine recap the notable moments of the 70th Annual Tony Awards. Also on the show, a red carpet report from roving reporters AndrewAndrew.
Then, actor Joe Morton, director John Gould Rubin and playwright Gretchen Law discuss their new show, "Turn Me Loose: A Play about Comic Genius Dick Gregory.” Gregory's comedy career took off in the early 60s with appearances on "The Tonight Show," but he quickly used his mainstream success to heighten his white audience's awareness of racial inequality and other forms of oppression in our society. Turn Me Loose shows him at different times in his life, creating a powerful portrait of this influential activist who continues to speak out to this day.
Jesse Green Theatre Critic, New York Magazine
Gretchen Law Playwright, “Turn Me Loose”
Joe Morton Actor, “Turn Me Loose”
Michael Musto Entertainment Journalist, Out.com
Patrick Pacheco Entertainment Reporter, Artinfo.com; Los Angeles Times; NY1 “On Stage”
John Gould Rubin Director, “Turn Me Loose”
- Halloween Gala
- Monday, September 17 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 23 - 7:00am
- Tribute to Edward Albee
- Monday, September 10 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 15 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 17 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child"
- Monday, September 3 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 10 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Edward Albee's Three Tall Women"
- Monday, August 27 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 1 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 7:00am
- Monday, September 3 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Frozen" songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez; The Broadway League president Charlotte St. Martin
- Saturday, August 25 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, August 26 - 7:00am
- Monday, August 27 - 7:30am, 1:30pm