This edition: Jennifer HollidayTweet
Original tape date: October 14, 2016.
First aired: November 18, 2016.
Actress Jennifer Holliday talks about her return to Broadway, playing in the Tony Award-winning revival of ”The Color Purple.” Holliday also reminisces about appearing in the original production of ”Dreamgirls” directed by her mentor Michael Bennett, beginning when she was 19 years-old. She won the Best Actress Tony Award for ”Dreamgirls” and became a star, but as she explains to us, the undertow from that heady experience led to years of struggle with depression and obesity. Eventually Holliday overcame those problems and dropping over 150 pounds (a weight loss she has sustained for more than 20 years), and she now continues her remarkable career, co-starring in ”The Color Purple” as the lithe and sexy "Shug Avery."
Jennifer Holliday Actress, “The Color Purple”
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- "Indecent" and "Come From Away"
- Monday, December 31 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 7:00am
- Monday, January 7 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Holiday Critics 2016
- Monday, December 24 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 31 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Jeff Daniels in "Blackbird"
- Saturday, December 22 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 24 - 7:30am, 1:30pm