This edition: "Tiny Beautiful Things" and Noël Coward's "Salute to the Brave"Tweet
Original tape date: October 13, 2017.
First aired: November 6, 2017.
“Tiny Beautiful Things” writer/actor Nia Vardalos and co-conceiver Marshall Heyman discuss their theatrical adaptation of Cheryl Strayed's bestselling book, at the Public Theater, with co-hosts Susan Haskins and Tony-winning playwright Warren Leight.
Next we look at TACT - The Actors Company Theatre's presentation of “Salute to The Brave,” a never-before produced Noël Coward comedy of manners/covert propaganda piece. The British playwright wrote the play in 1941 in an effort to convince America to join in the the fight against Fascism. However, right before it was due to be produced, Japan attacked Pearl Harbor and brought the USA into the war, making the play unnecessary. Coward stashed it away where it remained forgotten until Coward scholar Barry Day found it years after the playwright's death. Our guests are Scott Alan Evans, Executive Artistic Director of TACT; Geoffrey Johnson, Trustee of The Noël Coward Foundation; and actor Kristine Nielsen who is a member of the cast of this one-night benefit production on November 13, 2017. Donna Hanover of “Arts in the City” co-hosts with Susan Haskins.
Scott Alan Evans Executive Artistic Director, The Actors Company Theatre (TACT)
Donna Hanover Guest Co-Host
Marshall Heyman Co-Conceiver, “Tiny Beautiful Things”
Geoffrey Johnson Trustee, The Noël Coward Foundation
Warren Leight Guest Co-Host; Playwright, “Side Man”
Kristine Nielsen Actress
Nia Vardalos Playwright/Co-Conceiver/Actress, “Tiny Beautiful Things”
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- "Indecent" and "Come From Away"
- Monday, December 31 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 7:00am
- Monday, January 7 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Holiday Critics 2016
- Monday, December 24 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 31 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Jeff Daniels in "Blackbird"
- Monday, December 17 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 24 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- "Harry Clarke"
- Monday, December 17 - 7:30am, 1:30pm