This edition: Amy Schumer; plus Agosto MachadoTweet
Original tape date: December 8, 2017.
First aired: December 18, 2017.
Theater Talk celebrates the holidays with actress/writer/comic Amy Schumer, now starring in Steve Martin's “Meteor Shower” at Broadway's Booth Theatre. Comedy and theater critic Jason Zinoman of The New York Times joins Susan Haskins in co-hosting our remarkably forthright and down-to-earth interview.
Next, Haskins is joined by co-host Michael Musto of NewNowNext.com for a conversation with downtown theater legend Agosto Machado. Machado’s career as a cross-dressing performer began at Ellen Stewart’s early-60s La MaMa and blossomed when he co-starred in Warhol-“superstar” Jackie Curtis’ musical "Vain Victory: the Vicissitudes of the Damned" (with trans pioneer Candy Darling and music by Lou Reed), which became a smash Off-Broadway hit of the early 70’s and landmark of Queer theater. Machado recalls these early days of cultural revolution, the world of the Warhol factory, and the early career of his friend Harvey Fierstein, who he met when the Broadway icon was only 16 years-old.
Agosto Machado Artist-Activist
Michael Musto Guest Co-Host; Entertainment Journalist, NewNowNext.com
Amy Schumer Comic/Actress
Jason Zinoman Guest Co-Host; Critic, The New York Times
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- "Indecent" and "Come From Away"
- Monday, December 31 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 7:00am
- Monday, January 7 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Holiday Critics 2016
- Monday, December 24 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 31 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Jeff Daniels in "Blackbird"
- Saturday, December 22 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 7:00am
- Monday, December 24 - 7:30am, 1:30pm