This edition: Julian Schnabel in conversation with Jeff Koons
Original tape date: March 6, 2017.
First aired: March 17, 2017.
Award-winning and wildly popular multidisciplinary artist and filmmaker Julian Schnabel will be in conversation with Jeff Koons, the critically acclaimed and controversial artist who rose to prominence in the postwar era. The duo will discuss their illustrious careers, creative processes and Schnabel’s upcoming exhibition, “Julian Schnabel: New Plate Paintings,” on view at Pace Gallery from Feb. 24th to March 25th. Inspired by the roses growing in the cemetery near van Gogh’s grave in Auvers-sur-Oise, France, these works celebrate the artist’s first solo show since his return to the gallery. Throughout his career, Schnabel has sustained his use of found materials and chance-based processes, transforming the conventions of painting and opening the door for a new generation of young artists. Please join us for an unforgettable evening of spirited conversation between two visionaries and longtime friends.
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Jonah Hill, Miles Teller, Todd Phillips
- Friday, September 1 - 8:00am, 4:00pm, 9:00pm
- Saturday, September 2 - 11:05pm
- Monday, September 4 - 12:05am
- TRUTH VS. DENIAL:Rachel Weisz and Deborah E. Lipstadt
- Saturday, August 26 - 11:00pm
- Monday, August 28 - 12:00am
- Thursday, August 31 - 4:00am