This edition: Welfare ReformTweet
Original tape date: May 24, 2001.
Recently Governor Pataki indicated his support for a proposal to require recipients of public assistance to reapply for state benefits when they reach the five year time limit. Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, sits down with Deborah Glick and Raymond Meier to discuss welfare reform. The two individuals share their experiences with the welfare system and the impact it had on their lives.
Deborah Glick Assemblywoman, Manhattan
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Raymond Meier NYS Senator
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am