This edition: Service CutsTweet
Original tape date: January 11, 1996.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, interviews Alan Hevesi, NYC Comptroller. They discuss what New York City’s poor and working class families can expect in the coming year with the government cutting support for social services.
Alan Hevesi Comptroller, New York State
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am