This edition: Political TurmoilTweet
Original tape date: March 13, 1996.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, interviews Assistant Managing Editor of Newsday Les Payne and Editor in Chief of the Amsterdam News Wilbert Tatum. They discuss how the political turmoil of the newly conservative Congress and the presidential election will impact welfare and working class communities.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Les Payne Assistant Manager, Newsday
Mr. Wilbert (Bill) Tatum Publisher, NY Amsterdam News
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am