This edition: Liz KrugerTweet
Original tape date: January 7, 1997.
Under the Federal Welfare Reform Law, the power to care for the poor shifted directly to the states. On this episode of Urban Agenda, host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, welcomes Jeffrion Aubry, New York State Assemblymen, as well as Liz Krueger, associate director of the Food Resource Center. The three discuss how New York is addressing poverty, in addition to welfare initiatives that could potentially make a large difference in the near future.
Jeffrion L. Aubry NYS Assemblymen
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Liz Kruger Comm., Food Resource Center
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am