This edition: New York City EconomyTweet
Original tape date: September 8, 1997.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, interviews Congressman Jerrold Nadler. They discuss the city’s Work Experience Program and its perceived failure to move its participants into real jobs; Congressman Nadler believes he has a solution involving the creation of a deep water port and rail link in NYC.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Hon. Jerrold Nadler Congressmen, US Congress (D) NY
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am