This edition: VolunteerismTweet
Original tape date: November 12, 1997.
As city, state and federal governments continue to withdraw support from human services, the importance of volunteerism increases. Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, sits down with three members of RSVP, a volunteer program for senior citizens and the retired, to discuss the impact of their organization. The three New Yorkers discuss their previous careers and what pushed them to get involved.
Clement Boyce RSVP-Volunteer
Thomas Goodman RSVP-Volunteer
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Arnita Murray RSVP-Volunteer
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am