This edition: Health CareTweet
Original tape date: November 9, 1998.
There are currently 3.1 million New Yorkers that are without health insurance and the number is growing. Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, sits down with Kathryn Haslanger, director of policy analysis of The United Hospital Fund, to discuss the severity of this issue. The two talk about the reality of healthcare in New York City as well as her corporation’s impact in a multitude of communities.
Kathryn Haslanger Dir. Division Policy Analisis, United Hospital Fund
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am