This edition: The Living Wage
Original tape date: March 8, 2002.
The Community Service Society is a 150 years organization that researches and implements to improve the lives of those in poverty.
This edition’s discussion centers around the proposed creation of a law in New York City that would require companies that do business with New York City to pay workers more than minimum wage.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Bertha Lewis Executive Director, New York Chapter, ACORN
Paul K. Sonn Associate Counsel, Brennan Center for Justice/NYU School of Law
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am